Pennant Hills Baptist Church was audited by the Baptist Association and has been approved as a "Safe Church" in January 2022.
PHBC Safe Church Policy
As part of fulfilling God’s call to love one another, the Baptist Churches of NSW & ACT are committed to creating safe spaces in our local church contexts.
At Pennant Hills Baptist Church, we as part of this commitment are committed to providing places, services and programs that promote physical, emotional, and spiritual health and safety and model the love of Christ to all whom we have contact with, particularly children, young people and vulnerable adults.
The Safe Church Health Check is a comprehensive tool which assesses our church’s Safe Church Practices against identified minimum standards for compliance with various legal obligations. We hope to promote a culture that reflects the love of Christ, loves and protects individuals and fosters missional engagement with our local community.
As part of this commitment, PHBC has introduced a number of policies and procedures to ensure that we have a safe church environment:
- Safe Church Policy
- Workplace Health & Safety Policy
- Procedure for Staff and Volunteers
- Screening Questionnaire (Person aged over 18 – p. 1, 2, 3, Person aged under 18 – p. 3, 4)
- Code of Conduct
- Procedure for Responding to Child Protection Concerns
- Procedure for Handling Complaints against Staff and Volunteers
- Procedure for Resolving Conflict
- An Australian Baptist Response to Persons of Concern
- Guidelines for Activities with Children and Young People
For other polices below, please speak to Jessie Kim or Winnie Yeo to assist us to provide the forms.
- WHS Policy, risk assessment form & Incident / Injury report form
- Safe Church Concerns form
For the induction process, please speak to your respective Key Ministry Leader.
If you would like to require additional information or further clarification regarding our “Safe Church Policies and Procedures”, please contact our Safe Church Team email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.