Pennant Hills Baptist Church
This policy will apply to any activities/operations that occur at Pennant Hills Baptist Church (PHBC) at all times.
PHBC is committed to respectfully and responsibly use and protect all personal information. PHBC upholds member’s rights to privacy protection and adheres to the Privacy Act 1988 which regulates the way NSW agencies collect, use, disclose, secure and provide access to personal information.
Any questions or feedback about this policy or the way in which PHBC handles personal information can contact our Privacy Officer on the details set out at the end of this Policy.
1) Any personal information provided to PHBC is only used for the purposes outlined in this policy
2) The sort of information PHBC may collect can include:
- Name and birth date
- Contact details – address, phone numbers, email addresses
- Family member details where disclosed by you and relevant to the church’s ministry.
- WWCC/Police check and screening questionaries all related to Safety Church Health Check matter.
- Communications you have with us (e.g. letters, prayer requests)
- Your involvement in ministries so we can provide a meaningful ministry relationship
- Records of visits, phone calls and pastoral matters
- Information you provide in surveys, registration forms, conversations, emails and online
- Details of donations where receipts for taxation purposes are required
- Banking information for accounting purposes. (as needed to securely process payments, issue receipts, and provide payment history if required)
- Staff details for superannuation, payroll and taxation purposes.
- Medical information only if it is provided by you and required to protect your health.
THE PURPOSE OF COLLECTION:
PHBC collects information which is necessary for maintaining your involvement with the church. Such information is normally obtained direct from the person concerned or a minor’s guardian, and through your communication with the church.
Such purposes may include:
- contacting you regarding matters that you may have an interest in;
- matters relating to Safe Church compliance;
- convening meetings;
- processing authorised payments to and from you;
- providing you with information or services that have been requested;
- any other uses identified at the time of collecting your personal information;
- Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection.
Personal information is only shared, for example in church database, if written permission is given. It is never sold, traded, or transferred to any other organization or business. It will not be shared without the consent of the owner, unless there is a belief that disclosure is necessary to prevent threats to health, life or safety to any individual, or it is required by law.
How information is protected?
The Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files.
- The following security measures are implemented:
- Security procedures for access to church premises;
- Security procedures within our offices (including locked cabinets) for personal information that is particularly sensitive);
- Management of access privileges, to ensure that only those who really need to do so can view your personal information;
- IT security procedures including password protection and virus scanning tools; and
- Staff training and implementation of workplace policies and procedures that cover access, storage and security information
Under the Privacy Legislation you have the right, subject to some exceptions allowed by law, to ask for and receive a copy of the personal information about you which we hold, and to request an amendment to the information which you do not want us to hold.
All papers containing personal data are disposed of either by secure paper destruction, shredding or incineration. Disks and other electronic storage devices containing personal data are destroyed when no longer in use.
The special occasions of disclosing information:
PHBC will never disclose your personal information to another entity for the purposes of that entity soliciting charitable donations from you.
PHBC may disclose your information to government bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies and other parties where authorised or required by law.
If you do not want your personal information or images to be included in the following space, please let our Privacy Officer know.
- Images, recordings: The Church may from time-to-time record video or images of services and activities for promotional, teaching and information purposes directly associated with the church. By attending these services and activities you consent to the church taking the video and images and using and disclosing them for such
- Website: Personal user information is never collected from those who are browsing Pennant Hills Baptist Church’s website except explicitly and with the user’s full knowledge.
- In situations where user information is collected, it is only used for internal church purposes, and is never sold, traded, or transferred to any other organization or business. If, after submitting personal information, you wish to withdraw that information, simply indicate your desire to the church office.
For statistical purposes PHBC may collect information on website activity (such as the number of users who visit the website). This information on its own does not identify an individual but may provide statistics that we can use to improve our website.
In advising of coming events on Pennant Hills Church website, the name of the leader or host of a group may be named but contact details will not be provided on the website. Members hosting a church event who want to remain anonymous on the web site should contact the church office.
Those with questions and concerns about their personal information will be asked to contact our Privacy Officer.
Contact details of Privacy Officer:
Secretary of Pennant Hills Baptist Church
Phone: (02) 9045 0162